Torry Coo

Content: The Torry Coo dates back to 1802 and was in operation until 1987 when modern technologies were deemed to have overtaken the need for a foghorn that could be heard across all of Aberdeen! The Torry Coo has protection as a listed building and has its place in the nautical history of Torry and Aberdeen. The sound of the Coo is similar to the foghorn at Sumburgh Head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHCmzvzCmhI