What is the Torry Ecomuseum Project?
The Torry Ecomuseum Project (TEP) is a community arts project focusing on communities’ relationship with local built and natural environment. Torry is a NE Scotland coastal community with distinct relationships with waterways; river, harbour, sea. TEP involves community participation in creating interactive online exhibitions:
- Coastal & Waterway Map:
- Pictorial Timeline;
- Visual exchange with the Yubari community in Japan.
How do I upload Photos and stories to the Gallery?
- Upload them via a form on The Old Torry Community Centre (OTCC)’s website. For the form for the Map, please visit here. For the form for the Timeline, please visit here.
Your Photo can be an old Photo that you found in your family album, or a new Photo that you took a few days ago. If you have a specific Photo credit line that you would like to state, please provide such information in the Story box. Please make sure that you have every right to use and distribute the Photos you are uploading to this website.
How will my Photo be used?
By uploading your Photos for TEP’s Map or Timeline, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You grant both Torry Ecomuseum Project (TEP) and the Old Torry Community Centre Association SCIO (OTCCA SCIO) a royalty free, perpetual, worldwide license to use your Photos on the TEP’s Map or Timeline, on any page of the Old Torry Community Centre (OTCC)’s website, any of TEP or OTCC’s social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) and for any other commercial and/or fundraising purpose, which may include (but is not limited to) publications, advertising or other marketing materials (for example in emails or mailings);
- TEP and OTCC SCIO may alter and/or edit your Photo in any manner, or combine your Photo with other materials, without seeking further permission from you; and
- That (i) you own the copyright and waive any moral rights in the Photo(s), or that you have obtained all necessary rights, consents and/or waivers from the owner to upload the Photo(s) to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions; (ii) you are the person featured in the Photo(s) and/or you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your Photo(s) (and, if they are under 16, their parent or legal guardian as well) to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions; (iii) you are 16 years or older; and (iv) our use of your Photo(s) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not violate any other rights of any third party or any law.
Any information you provide in relation to the TEP’s Map or Timeline will be collected and maintained in accordance with the policies of the OTCCA SCIO.
What happens if I have a complaint about a Photo/Story or want my Photo/Story removed?
All Photos/Stories featured in the TEP’s Map or Timeline will be publicly accessible. Therefore, if you believe a Photo/Story on the TEP’s Map or Timeline or any other related platforms is inappropriate, offensive or is violating someone’s legal rights then you can report the Photo/Story by sending an email to email@example.com. Once an email report is received, we will remove the Photo/Story in question whilst we investigate further (which may include contacting the sender of the Photo/Story for more information). We also reserve the right to remove Photos/Stories from the TEP’s Map or Timeline or any other related platforms at our discretion.
Please note that whilst we can remove Photos/Stories from our online platforms at any time, this will not necessarily erase its presence completely from the internet.