Torry St Fittick Church, Walker Road

Torry is one of the oldest settlements in the North East of Scotland with over 1000 years of recorded history. The stained glass windows were installed in 1995 to commemorate the 500th Anniversary of Torry being granted the status of a Royal Burgh in 1495 and have both a local connection and an ecclesial feel
Read More
The Wellington Suspension Bridge, also known as the Chain Bridge was opened in 1831 that enabled carts and carriages to cross the River Dee from Kincardineshire into the City of Aberdeen; Torry did not form part of the city of Aberdeen until an Act of Parliament in 1891. The overgrowth of trees and the steep river..Read More
Read More
The Wellington Suspension Bridge, also known as the Chain Bridge was opened in 1831 that enabled carts and carriages to cross the River Dee from Kincardineshire into the City of Aberdeen; Torry did not form part of the city of Aberdeen until an Act of Parliament in 1891. The overgrowth of trees and the steep river..Read More
Read More
Greyhope Bay was founded in 2016 by Fiona McIntyre. Based in Torry, a community built around an old fishing village, the project aims to connect and engage communities with the marine wildlife, environment and heritage on Aberdeen’s doorstep. To find out more on Greyhope Bay, please visit: https://www.greyhopebay.com/
Read More
These cast-iron structures help any approaching ship to position itself in the centre of the channel into the harbour, are the earliest surviving pair of cast iron light towers in Scotland and are among the oldest in the world. The photographs were taken on 10th May 1842 (left) and on 23rd January 2021 (right).
Read More
Old Pilot House, Footdee, taken from the bollard, just off Greyhope Road Torry. July 2020. Situated in Footdee (pronounced “Fittie” by locals), across the harbour from Torry, the unusually shaped Pilot House is a prominent sight at the harbour entrance. The Pilot House, or “Roundhouse” as it is sometimes known, housed the Aberdeen Harbour master,..Read More
Read More
Leading Light, North Pier. Taken from Greyhope Road. July 2020. This is one of two “Leading Lights” designed to aid navigation into Aberdeen Harbour. It is situated at the end of the North Pier, while the other is situated on Sinclair Road in Torry. Line the two lights up, and you will have safe passage..Read More
Read More
Wellington Bridge looking towards Torry. March 2019. The Wellington bridge was opened in 1830 to replace the local ferry, and link Aberdeen to the route south to Stonehaven. It was closed to traffic in 1984 when the adjacent Queen Elizabeth bridge was opened, and is lightly used as a pedestrian bridge these days. Alan Campbell
Read More
These cast-iron structures help any approaching ship to position itself in the centre of the channel into the harbour, are the earliest surviving pair of cast iron light towers in Scotland and are among the oldest in the world. The photographs were taken on 10th May 1842 (left) and on 23rd January 2021 (right).
Read More
1 2 3